1) Explain what is Model-View-Controller?
MVC is a software architecture pattern for developing web application. It is handled by three objects Model-View-Controller.
2) Mention what does Model-View-Controller represent in an MVC application?
In an MVC model,
- Model– It represents the application data domain. In other words applications business logic is contained within the model and is responsible for maintaining data
- View– It represents the user interface, with which the end users communicates. In short all the user interface logic is contained within the VIEW
- Controller– It is the controller that answers to user actions. Based on the user actions, the respective controller responds within the model and choose a view to render that display the user interface. The user input logic is contained with-in the controller
3) Explain in which assembly is the MVC framework is defined?
The MVC framework is defined in System.Web.Mvc.
4) List out few different return types of a controller action method?
- View Result
- Redirect Result
- Json Result
- Content Result
5) Mention what is the difference between adding routes, to a webform application and an MVC application?
To add routes to a webform application, we can use MapPageRoute() method of the RouteCollection class, where adding routes to an MVC application, you can use MapRoute() method.
6) Mention what are the two ways to add constraints to a route?
The two methods to add constraints to a route is
- Use regular expressions
- Use an object that implements IRouteConstraint Interface
7) Mention what is the advantages of MVC?
- MVC segregates your project into a different segment, and it becomes easy for developers to work on
- It is easy to edit or change some part of your project that makes project less development and maintenance cost
- MVC makes your project more systematic
8) Mention what “beforFilter()”,“beforeRender” and “afterFilter” functions do in Controller?
- beforeFilter(): This function is run before every action in the controller. It’s the right place to check for an active session or inspect user permissions.
- beforeRender(): This function is called after controller action logic, but before the view is rendered. This function is not often used, but may be required If you are calling render() manually before the end of a given action
- afterFilter(): This function is called after every controller action, and after rendering is done. It is the last controller method to run
9) Explain the role of components Presentation, Abstraction and Control in MVC?
- Presentation: It is the visual representation of a specific abstraction within the application
- Abstraction: It is the business domain functionality within the application
- Control: It is a component that keeps consistency between the abstraction within the system and their presentation to the user in addition to communicating with other controls within the system
10) Mention the advantages and disadvantages of MVC model?
11) Explain the role of “ActionFilters” in MVC?
In MVC “ ActionFilters” help you to execute logic while MVC action is executed or its executing.
12) Explain what are the steps for the execution of an MVC project?
The steps for the execution of an MVC project includes
- Receive first request for the application
- Performs routing
- Creates MVC request handler
- Create Controller
- Execute Controller
- Invoke action
- Execute Result
13) Explain what is routing? What are the three segments for routing is important?
Routing helps you to decide a URL structure and map the URL with the Controller.
The three segments that are important for routing is
14) Explain how routing is done in MVC pattern?
There is a group of routes called the RouteCollection, which consists of registered routes in the application. The RegisterRoutes method records the routes in this collection. A route defines a URL pattern and a handler to use if the request matches the pattern. The first parameter to the MapRoute method is the name of the route. The second parameter will be the pattern to which the URL matches. The third parameter might be the default values for the placeholders if they are not determined.
15) Explain using hyperlink how you can navigate from one view to other view?
By using “ActionLink” method as shown in the below code. The below code will make a simple URL which help to navigate to the “Home” controller and invoke the “GotoHome” action.
Collapse / Copy Code
<%= Html.ActionLink(“Home”, “Gotohome”) %>