The Nikon D5300 is an F-mount DSLR with a new carbon-fiber-reinforced polymer body and other new technologies, announced by Nikon on October 17, 2013.
It features the new Expeed 4 processor and is the company’s first DSLR with built-in Wi-Fi and GPS. It shares the same 24-megapixel image sensor as its D5200 predecessor but without an anti-aliasing (AA) filter, equal to the Nikon D7100. MSRP for the body is $800, and $1,400 with an 18-140mm f/3.5-5.6 kit lens.
Specifications Of Nikon D5300
- Expeed 4 with lower power consumption; extended battery life to 600 shots
- Full HD video 1080p with autofocus also in uncompressed video (clean HDMI at 60p,30p,24p only) format. Nikon’s first DSLR with 60p/50p framerate at full HD resolution (several previous Nikon bodies supported 60p/50p, but only at 720p)
- Assisted GPS built-in (“A-GPS” Almanac files downloadable from Nikon)
- WLAN (Wi-Fi) built-in
- Automatic correction of lateral chromatic aberration for JPEGs. Correction-data is additionally stored in RAW-files and used by Nikon Capture NX, View NX and some other RAW tools.
- No Anti-aliasing (AA) filter
- New pentamirror with 0.82x magnification and 95% frame coverage
- Nine special effects
- Active D-Lighting (four-level and auto).
- Bracketing (exposure, Active D-Lighting, and white-balance).
- In-camera HDR mode.
- Inbuilt time-lapse photography intervalometer
- Quiet shooting mode.
- Built-in sensor cleaning system (vibrating low-pass filter) and airflow control system.
- HDMI HD video output.
- Enhanced built-in RAW processing with extended Retouch menu for image processing without using a computer: D-Lighting, Red-eye reduction, Trimming, Monochrome & filter effects, Color balance, Image overlay, NEF (RAW) processing, Quick retouch, Straighten, Distortion control, Fisheye, Color outline, Color sketch, Perspective control, Miniature effect, Selective Color, Edit movie, Side-by-side comparison.
- Stereo microphone input (has stereo built-in mic)
- 3.2-inch (81 mm) articulated 1073k-dot vari-angle LCD.
- EN-EL14 or EN-EL14A Lithium-ion Battery.
- Slightly smaller and lighter body (480 g) than its predecessor